Wednesday, October 10, 2012

White Subway Kitchen Tile Reveal

After a little elbow grease and patience our subway kitchen tile project was complete.  This post took you through the whole process.....except re-washing and sealing the tile.  It's been several months since the actual completion of the project.  We haven't sealed the tile yet.  It's been the subject of many many discussions, but we just haven't been able to come through yet.  Luckily it looks the same as the day we finished it.


I am absolutely loving how much it brightens up the kitchen as well as updates the look.  To soften the protruding edge that comes out onto the wall I leaned by favorite bamboo cutting board against the coffee maker.  I am hoping to add some different types and shades of wooden cutting boards to add a layered look, but for now it's just the one.  


I am so happy we continued the tile line out to the stove AND that we took off the back splash that matched the counter top.  I think this makes the look more modern.  Also we used white caulk to seal the tile against the counter top.  


I also am thankful that the whites of the tile really mesh well with the whites of the cabinets.  I learned in this post how important it is to match your whites. 



Here is the full view of how the kitchen as it stands today.  A lot whiter, but I like the pops of color from the kitchen scale and olive oil.  We have a smidge more to go in the kitchen before I would consider it "done".  For one we need to add a matching stainless steel dishwasher, some art for the walls, and get rid of that awful light.  The hubby likes the flooring, but I would like to see something in rich wood BUT that is a battle for another day!



4 comments:

  1. Wow! This kitchen was wonderful. How I love to prepare food in that kind of kitchen . A lot of thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)It makes getting in the kitchen a lot more enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such a wonderful kitchen . It looks so luxurious and I think preparing food in that kind of area would be feel great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks KhearP - it's come a long way from where we started! I'm so thankful for all of the little and big tweaks along the way!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!